This releases resolves a very nasty bug that caused hard system locks after running for 15 minutes to 2 hours. The complete change log is below.
Note: This was actually released May 5th, 2011 to a limited number of beta testers
The following bugs are fixed in this release:
- Bug #571: Deadlock after running for two minutes
- Bug #685: Deadlock with 2.2.2
- Bug #746: Pixelated images with TW2815 / solo6010
- Bug #804: Convert v4l2-encoders to use DMA scattergather, relying on new descriptor based P2M DMA.
The following features are added in this release:
- Feature #714: Decrease driver load time
- Feature #802: Remove extraneous WARN_ON’s and add better handling of non-recoverable vbuf errors.
- Feature #803: Implement P2M descriptor functionality.
- Feature #805: Move mpeg vop and jpeg header creating to solo_update_mode()
- Feature #806: Move all buffer handling to a thread, outside of interrupt context.
- Feature #807: Increase timeout for P2M to avoid a system lockup induced by SOLO bug