This unstable release is the latest in the bleeding edge of development.
This release adds resolves mysql issues with upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04. This also fixes a bug where the Bluecherry log showed “Error writing frame to recording”.
If you haven’t upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04, the instructions are below:
Make sure you are using the Xenial repository:
wget -q http://ubuntu.bluecherrydvr.com/key/bluecherry.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/bluecherry-unstable-xenial.list http://unstable.bluecherrydvr.com/sources.list.d/bluecherry-xenial.list
Please post questions or comments to the unstable / bleeding edge forum (community.bluecherrydvr.com). It is not possible to downgrade from the unstable release back to the stable release without completely removing and reinstalling the software (including the database).
The following changes were added in this release:
* Fixed invalid timestamps coming from IP cameras that caused “Error writing frame to recording: Invalid argument” entries in bluecherry.log. This also fixes some problems with interrupted video recordings
* Fixed numerous PHP errors that resulted in warnings recorded to Apache error log
* Updated MySQL queries that failed in newer MySQL version in Ubuntu 16.04LTS
* Updated path to Apache error log on System Log page of web admin interface
* Fixed “could not read configuration file” error caused by undefined “host” value in config file
From the blog
[Client] 2.2.6 Released – Significant CPU usage reductions included https://t.co/GirI0xKGEX
@AlanJames1987 Correct, the client is cross platform and as a bonus, open source.