Out of stock
- Linux based commercial grade software (Ubuntu distribution)
- Hardware compression capture card (Version 2 Software included!)
- Audio and video recording
- Cross platform client (Windows, Linux and OS X)
- Web based viewing, mobile interface supported
- Network camera support
Have multiple employees at your business? Only trust a few? It happens and that’s why we have support for per user authentication. Only allow certain users to access certain areas of the software. Hide a camera, restrict their hourly access or prevent them from logging in from home.
Want to watch your business while on the road? No problem! With an iPhone or Android device you can connect with a web browser and view live video. We also have a free Windows remote client that you can connect multiple DVR installations together.
Updates are easily downloaded from our Ubuntu repository. You will not be forced to completely format and reinstall when updates are released. Because our software is changing rapidly we provide free updates between major release cycles.
Ease of use
No matter if you are installing this for a client or at home we’ve made the installation process simple (Seven steps). The interface is easy to use buttons are large and the interface is easy to navigate. Our developers speak English (as their first language) so you won’t ever be trying to decode Chinese-English.
Help us help you
We are improving our software on a daily basis. We want input from our customers on how they would like to see the software changed or new features added. We encourage our customers to post feature requests so we can easily track them. Feel free to browse our community supported idea tracker.
- Hardware compression H.264 capture card
- 16 port video inputs
- 16 port audio inputs, 1 port audio output (IP Cameras Only)
- 480FPS recording @ 352×240, 150FPS @ 704×480
- New! PCIe designThe Bluecherry BC-H16480A is true hardware compression card supported by our Video4Linux(2) driver. Recently tests with this driver has shown siginificant CPU / memory saving over standard software compression cards. This card has several features not commonly found on traditional Linux supported H.264 encoders, including:
- Each port has a MJPEG and H.264 encoder, each can be opened separately.
- Each device shows up as a Video4Linux(2) device and you have access to each encoder using standard Video4Linux APIs.
- Each port is loaded up as an ALSA sound device, allowing for encoding G.723 audio from each audio input.
Our driver is available in the latest kernel releases, in the ‘staging’ directory.
Note: The device has the following features, which are currently not supported in the driver:
- Hardware (on-card) motion detection.
- Hardware motion detection is currently only supported in our software.
- Composite video out.
More technical details on this card and driver can be found here: http://support.bluecherrydvr.com/entries/235174-using-the-bluecherry-hardware-compression-open-source-linux-drivers-mpeg-4-h-264
Identifying Bluecherry cards
$ lspci |grep -i Bluecherry 04:05.0 Multimedia video controller: Bluecherry BC-H16480A 16 port H.264 video and audio encoder / decoder
|Dimensions||8 × 6 × 2 in|